A Construction Manager can either work for an organization or be an individual consultant that plans, directs and coordinates all facets of a project. They’re responsible for communicating with all parties involved, possess a myriad of talents including being very organized and detail oriented, and they are creative and able to efficiently multitask. The following is a list of some of the more important tasks they perform.
* Apply for and secure all permits and licenses
* Procure materials
* Interview and hire subcontractors
* Create and monitor project schedule
* Direct site meetings
* Interpret blue prints
* Secure outstanding information
* Maintain project budget
* They are generally hired by you and will act as your representative. This means that you will have a knowledgeable ally looking out for your best interest.